The Season Two Case File is a small but clever collection of items related to Telltale's Season 2 episodes. They are stored in a 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 brown envelope (fits perfectly inside a DVD case) with a large black stamp on the front sporting Max's head, the words "SAM & MAX FREELANCE POLICE CASE FILE", and a "APR 12 2008" red time stamp.
Items found inside the envelope include:
- An "original LP recording" of "The Friendly Demon Song and Other Favorites": It's a mini CD with the tracks The Friendly Demon Song, Just You And Me (And Ted E. Bear), More Than Jerks, Rapa Nui Choo-Choo, Good For You (Good For Me), World Of Max, and a hidden track of a "demonic chant" on the end. All the tracks have an old recording sound filter over them and the CD's label looks like a black vinyl record.
- A "Tiny Tiki" coaster: An average-sized drink coaster with the Tiny Tiki bar's logo/mascot on it.
- A flyer to Jurgen's "Geist Transfusioner Fahrung": An invite/flyer to a rave party hosted by Jurgen and Old Gutsmack Malt Liquor. The directions to there and details are mostly in german, but featured performances are Cryptwing Deathgrasp, Barron Bat-Anguish Von Nightmare, DJ Subzero Succubus, and Sepulchre Lettersmisery.
- A time traveling time card: A fairly accurate replica of the time cards used in Chariots of the Dogs. Each case file has a randomly chosen time card, so there are 6 to collect.
- A Soul Train Token: A nicely crafted metal token with the Soul Train and Hell's logo on one side and the Grim Reaper and the Soul Train's logo on the other.
The product premiered with the Season 2 DVD and its price is $5.99. Like Season 1's Case File, there is a limited quantity and will be retired in the future.
- The "The Friendly Demon Song" mini CD (and green Max buttons) were given away at Comic-Con 2008 at the Telltale booth.
- When all the different the time cards are decoded, a bonus wallpaper can be found online.